Any F.A. you guys would want on the Hawks?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Any F.A. you guys would want on the Hawks?

Postby Largent80 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:31 am

The Franchise tag deadline was yesterday and the Hawks didn't do it to S. Richardson, dude is as good as gone and I really wish we had that pick back because he was basically slightly above average and not the difference maker in the inside pass rush they thought they were getting. He's going to get paid by someone and it won't be Seattle and I'm glad.

P. Richardson had a breakout year (finally) but I doubt the Hawks sign him either, and this draft is weak at WR. And with jack squat for cap money I don't see an F.A. signing here. I wish they could have found a way to extend him before his contract year but he was always injured and it's understandable, he's only 25 and is now in the "get's it" category.....Would be a good re-sign for Seattle.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:38 pm

LOL Seahawks having a fire sale on players today

Bargain "basement" for the clueless
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:43 pm

I've always had a soft spot for Paul Richardson. His Mom works at my Dr's office & I work with his cousin who is a member of my union. I hope he remains a Seahawk.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:31 pm

Rambo2014 wrote:LOL Seahawks having a fire sale on players today

Bargain "basement" for the clueless

LOL, you only have a fire. And a crap QB. The "L.A. Donalds" would be appropriate, say goodbye to Quinn and Ogletree, 2 of the best players on that team and say hello to 2 players that are cancers.
Last edited by Largent80 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:03 am

11 million more to spend, do they go after Norwell?....That would mean they wouldn't drafty OL until very late, and could find a CB they like in the draft.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:07 am

We re-signed McDougald to 3 year, $13.95 million deal so that will cut into some of the Cap space.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:11 am

NorthHawk wrote:We re-signed McDougald to 3 year, $13.95 million deal so that will cut into some of the Cap space.

We needed to do that, it makes me happy that we did. we get about 2 1/2 from Bennett, wait and see on Avril/Kam.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:12 am

They also gave Coleman a 2nd round tender, so that's pretty good.
In the back of my mind I wonder if they are secretly hoping some team will sign him to recoup that pick.

Edit:
They are hosting DeMarco Murray so maybe they think he has a year or 2 left to help balance the load at RB with Carson. He thinks he's still a starter, and who knows maybe he is.
If they think he is, it would give us some more options in the draft.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:50 am

They didn't tender Davis (1.9 mil) I'm sure they are hoping to re-sign him at about 1 mil less. Right now we have 2 RB and 2 FB under contract. That needs to be worked on and this draft has a LOT of useful people for the Hawks run game.

The signing of McDougald allows them to pursue an ET trade. Of course they are going to shop for a 1st, and my feeling is if they don't get that or a pair of seconds he will remain a Hawk for at least another year.

They had better get Willson back as well because right now we have Vannett and Swoops at TE.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:33 am

Largent80 wrote:They had better get Willson back as well because right now we have Vannett and Swoops at TE.

Not to mention that Schot's offense relies heavily on production out of the TE position.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Oly » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:28 am

RiverDog wrote:Not to mention that Schot's offense relies heavily on production out of the TE position.

From what I've read of his offense, he needs good in-line TEs. I'm not sure Willson fits the mold of TE that Schot looks for. I wouldn't be shocked if they let him go.
Oly
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:34 am

Oly wrote:
From what I've read of his offense, he needs good in-line TEs. I'm not sure Willson fits the mold of TE that Schot looks for. I wouldn't be shocked if they let him go.

Which is why the idea of ASJ makes sense. There's plenty of talk out there that there is mutual interest between him and the team. Complicating things are that it sounds like the Jets are trying to keep him and he would cost us a comp pick next year which PC and JS don't like to give up. We'll see he hasn't been a world beater but his size and catching ability seem like they would be a good fit.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:46 am

Gotta love how the Seahawks blew their wad on old washed up fat players the past two years and now wonder what happened. One has to be smart in this league and acquire a great skill set without blowing the bank. The Rams were smart and got a wad of caproom, young players and young thinking coaches and should be good for the long haul like the Niners. old teams like the cards and the hawks will have to wait at least 4-6 years to get back competitive.
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:32 pm

Which is why the idea of ASJ makes sense. There's plenty of talk out there that there is mutual interest between him and the team. Complicating things are that it sounds like the Jets are trying to keep him and he would cost us a comp pick next year which PC and JS don't like to give up. We'll see he hasn't been a world beater but his size and catching ability seem like they would be a good fit.

Eric Ebron was just cut from the Lions. He's a guy who has a lot of potential and is similar to ASJ. Others we will probably look for are TE's that can block well, but not until this frenzy of Free Agency subsides.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Oly wrote:From what I've read of his offense, he needs good in-line TEs. I'm not sure Willson fits the mold of TE that Schot looks for. I wouldn't be shocked if they let him go.

Good point. Although Willson plays a better inline tight end than did Graham, his long suit is not blocking. Nevertheless, we're still going to need tight ends in general, and now that they have some cap space, Willson might figure in.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:47 pm

Suh, now that it is possible. Middle of Suh, Wagner, and Thomas looks like an awesome group to rebuild around.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:36 pm

I think the Hawks had better get Maxwell signed.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:20 pm

Apparently Austin Saferian-Jenkins signed with the Jags so that takes him out of the TE running here.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:23 pm

Jeez, hawks are going to end up with 6 players on the payroll and recruiting the US Womens Olympic Hockey team for players soon..
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:40 pm

Uppercut wrote:Jeez, hawks are going to end up with 6 players on the payroll and recruiting the US Womens Olympic Hockey team for players soon..

JS rarely, if ever participates in the first round of madness during Free Agency. I think it's in part because it would mean a loss of comp picks in next years draft. It's also much better value as players are often overpriced in the first few days.
With our Cap space it's even more important now.
It is difficult waiting, though.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:17 pm

It was late in the FA period the year they/JS nabbed Avril & Bennett. This is certainly how John roles.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:32 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:It was late in the FA period the year they/JS nabbed Avril & Bennett. This is certainly how John roles.

Exactly; sit back and let other teams overpay for the marquee names and sort though the remaining talent (there's always some good ones left) when the price gets real.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:35 pm

Teams aren't exactly beating down the doors of Suh and Richardson. This is good for us, and we will have about 30 mil after cutting Avril.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:35 am

Suh is doing the circuit to find the biggest contract and Richardson is in Minnesota trying to make a deal there, so I think there is interest around the league for them.
I realistically doubt we sign either of them.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:38 am

These guys have visited multiple teams yet remained unsigned.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:48 am

Largent80 wrote:These guys have visited multiple teams yet remained unsigned.

That's how it works. Go to each team and get their best offer then choose the most money.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum