Suh in Seattle

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Suh in Seattle

Postby mykc14 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:37 am

Looks like the big man is visiting the hawks today!!

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/

On a side note if you don't already read Rob Staton's blog you need to! It's awesome!!
mykc14
Legacy

Re: Suh in Seattle

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:48 am

Fingers crossed!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:10 am

So Suh me already.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:39 am

Largent80 wrote:So Suh me already.

NO we dont need another problem child, sorry!
obiken
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:39 am

c_hawkbob wrote:Fingers crossed!

Me too, this would be awesome! I was just looking at his old contract with the Dolphins. Man what a bad contract. His cap his this year would have been 26 million and next year it would have been 28 million. No way was he going to be on that team with those high cap hits. Even cutting him they still have 22 million in dead money!!!! let's sign him but not at 19-20 mil/year. I like the sound of 12-13mil/year much better. His production was good but not too much better than Bennett's, although Suh is double teamed on most plays and Bennett wasn't last year.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:48 am

He's originally from the Portland area, so he might be inclined to get back a little closer to his roots.

And Obi, as far as being a "problem child", the only problems he's had has been with the refs and opposing players. He has not been a PR distraction (ala Bennett) or a locker room cancer.

At 31 years old, this isn't exactly "getting younger", but if we could get him at a reasonable price, I'd be all for it.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:17 pm

I just heard Kirwan on NFLRadio and he was saying no way Suh dictates how much he makes this time and wouldn't spend $10m/year on him. He would spend maybe $7m.
Not that his opinion means a whole lot, but I thought it was interesting.
Suh's Dolphin Cap hit was something like $22m so no wonder they let him go.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:24 pm

NorthHawk wrote:I just heard Kirwan on NFLRadio and he was saying no way Suh dictates how much he makes this time and wouldn't spend $10m/year on him. He would spend maybe $7m.
Not that his opinion means a whole lot, but I thought it was interesting.
Suh's Dolphin Cap hit was something like $22m so no wonder they let him go.

Alot of people say Suh has digressed, but that isn't true. When compare TFL plus sacks he was one of the top 5 performers in the league. That includes EDGE rushers who are often singled up against a T. Suh did his damage from the DT spot which is much easier to double team. He is still a dominating player. I wouldn't give him 19 mil/year like the dolphins did but he almost certainly will get over 10 somewhere... hopefully here.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:49 pm

I got the impression that he didn't think the market was still there for him or maybe other DT's this FA year.
We'll see how it turns out.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Suh would be a nice pick up. I think Ken Norton Jr. and Pete could rev him up.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:01 pm

So, that's what it boils down to Seahawk fans so jaded that they now drool over the possibility of having that piece of excrement Suh on their team? Not my kind of fans. Bunch of sell outs if you ask me.

I once turned my back on the Sonics when they had lost their way. I walked away from the Tom Flores Seahawks with that idoit owner from Oakland who tried to move the team. I can wait until Paul Allen either comes to hi senses and fires Pete Carroll or he sells the team to someone else who fires Pete.

Pete Carroll is taking the Seahawks straight to MEDIOCRITY!!!!

MARK MY WORDS, Pete is a LOSER who once got lucky.

FOOLS!!!
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:50 pm

Not a fan of the guy, but if he keeps his screwball head on straight and comes cheap, he's worth a flyer.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:40 am

Seahawks4Ever wrote:So, that's what it boils down to Seahawk fans so jaded that they now drool over the possibility of having that piece of excrement Suh on their team? Not my kind of fans. Bunch of sell outs if you ask me.

I once turned my back on the Sonics when they had lost their way. I walked away from the Tom Flores Seahawks with that idoit owner from Oakland who tried to move the team. I can wait until Paul Allen either comes to hi senses and fires Pete Carroll or he sells the team to someone else who fires Pete.

Pete Carroll is taking the Seahawks straight to MEDIOCRITY!!!!

MARK MY WORDS, Pete is a LOSER who once got lucky.

FOOLS!!!

Wow. Why even be a Seahawk fan?
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:10 am

The word is he will be released on Wednesday, but if he is just going for the biggest payday he can get, we will be out bid.
In our favor is he needs to go to a team that has strong leadership as he's not one himself and might be considered selfish, but he's a great player on Sunday so teams might consider their own locker rooms before making a big offer.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:36 am

NorthHawk wrote:The word is he will be released on Wednesday, but if he is just going for the biggest payday he can get, we will be out bid.
In our favor is he needs to go to a team that has strong leadership as he's not one himself and might be considered selfish, but he's a great player on Sunday so teams might consider their own locker rooms before making a big offer.

I mentioned this earlier, but one advantage that we may have is that Suh is originally from Portland, so perhaps he might want to be a little closer to home at the end of his career.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:38 am

Zorn76 wrote:Not a fan of the guy, but if he keeps his screwball head on straight and comes cheap, he's worth a flyer.

I dont know, maybe you and River are right but I have serious doubts about a guy that steps on peoples hands.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:30 pm

obiken wrote:I dont know, maybe you and River are right but I have serious doubts about a guy that steps on peoples hands.

The last time Suh was fined or suspended for that kind of behavior was in 2014, meaning that he's kept his nose clean for 3 seasons, so I wouldn't get so hung up on it.

It's probably a moot point anyway. I doubt that we sign him.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby ibis ti-mojo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:18 pm

Yes Suh!
ibis ti-mojo
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:23 pm

I would say that if they don't sign Suh or Richardson they must know something about McDowell.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:53 pm

Well, if we sign him, he won't be stepping on RW's ankle again. Even if it was an accident.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby trents » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Please, no! Not Suh. He's a penalty machine and an embarrassment to a team.
trents
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:18 am

Suh had 7 penalties last year, Bennett had 12.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/position/de ... ?year=2017
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby rocket » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:36 am

Largent80 wrote:Wow. Why even be a Seahawk fan?

That was beautiful Rob.
Love ya, Bro... :)
rocket
Legacy

Postby rocket » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:37 am

c_hawkbob wrote:Suh had 7 penalties last year, Bennett had 12.
http://www.nflpenalties.com/position/de ... ?year=2017

There ain't no fact-checking in football... sigh.
rocket
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:52 am

Howdy Rocket.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:42 am

I would say that the Hawks have done pretty well in the last couple drafts with Jones and Reed, that being said both got injured at different points of the season. Richardson was decent last year and wants about 14 to play per year, if we could get Suh for 10 it's a no brainer.

Bradford to AZ. Goff in LA, and Garrapolo in SF means we need to get great push up the middle this year to compete in our own division.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:31 am

trents wrote:Please, no! Not Suh. He's a penalty machine and an embarrassment to a team.

As Cbob demonstrated, he's not a penalty machine when compared to Michael Bennett, who was by far the most penalized DL in the league.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:36 pm

I think he's one of the few players available in FA that can legitimately collapse the pocket - or at least put a real strain on it.
He's often double teamed so that provides more opportunities for others as well.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:14 pm

NorthHawk wrote:I think he's one of the few players available in FA that can legitimately collapse the pocket - or at least put a real strain on it.
He's often double teamed so that provides more opportunities for others as well.

That was one of the problems with Bennett's play last season. His sack numbers were OK, but he wasn't demanding double teams like he had been in the past. Getting Suh would be a real upgrade over Bennett.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:19 pm

Maybe I'm the only one that misses when Seattle went cheap at D tackle, and believes you don't need to pay 12 to 15 million dollars a year for a run stuffer, seemed to work just fine... you know when they were competing for, and winning SBs.... you don't need dominance, you need someone to tie up the lineman, to let your pro bowl, all pro linebackers and safeties to make plays.... while Suh and Richardson serve that purpose, so does a LOT of players that are inexpensive and cheap.

Remember when Mebane was "to expensive" to keep? Now you got Seattle believing they have to overspend to get an Aaron Donald through the draft, trade or free agency, when all they really need is a heavy, active D tackle, and nothing else..
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:41 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Maybe I'm the only one that misses when Seattle went cheap at D tackle, and believes you don't need to pay 12 to 15 million dollars a year for a run stuffer, seemed to work just fine... you know when they were competing for, and winning SBs.... you don't need dominance, you need someone to tie up the lineman, to let your pro bowl, all pro linebackers and safeties to make plays.... while Suh and Richardson serve that purpose, so does a LOT of players that are inexpensive and cheap.

Remember when Mebane was "to expensive" to keep? Now you got Seattle believing they have to overspend to get an Aaron Donald through the draft, trade or free agency, when all they really need is a heavy, active D tackle, and nothing else..

Suh is far more than a run stuffer. We were hoping Richardson would be more than a run stuffer, but it didn't work out. Suh can collapse the middle and pressure the QB. He's like an ideal for this type of defense. Pete's been looking for his stud interior rusher for ages, though it hasn't had much of an effect on the quality of our defense due to our insanely good secondary.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:13 pm

Largent80 wrote:I would say that the Hawks have done pretty well in the last couple drafts with Jones and Reed, that being said both got injured at different points of the season. Richardson was decent last year and wants about 14 to play per year, if we could get Suh for 10 it's a no brainer.

Bradford to AZ. Goff in LA, and Garrapolo in SF means we need to get great push up the middle this year to compete in our own division.

Jones, Reed and that McDowell kid who broke his FACE before camp. Any word on that guy? Is he ever going to be healthy enough to play or did he do permanent brain damage?
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:14 pm

Regarding S. Richardson, NFL.com is reporting the Seahawks offered him $11m/year, but he's trying to get $15m/year.
He's visiting the Vikings today. I suppose it's between us two and he's trying to get into a bidding war or at least wring a few more $$ from one of the teams.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/ ... richardson
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:32 pm

Hawks offered Richardson 11 and he wants 15, c'mon Minny sign this guy and we get a 3rd round comp. Then sign Suh, except he probably will get 15 somewhere.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:45 pm

Could it be that the Hawks are going to sign BOTH of Suh and Richardson? They did it before....see Bennett and Avril.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:55 pm

Edit on the 11 mil. offer......

Mike Garafolo

Verified account

@MikeGarafolo
8m
8 minutes ago

More
Gotta clear something up. I’m being cited as saying the Seahawks are offering $11m per year to Sheldon Richardson. They are NOT. I reviewed the clip and I see how I phrased it in a way that made it seem that’s what I was saying. Bad wording by me. Apologies on that.

Mike Garafolo

Verified account

@MikeGarafolo
Follow
Follow @MikeGarafolo

More
What I was trying to convey is Richardson probably takes a deal in that range. It’s not there from any suitors right now, from what I’m told. Sloppy wording. My bad.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:19 pm

Thanks for the update, Largent80.

That's better for us, but it also puts more teams in play for him as well.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:26 pm

Minny clearing cap room. Richardson will become a Viking on 3/16/18.....
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:13 pm

curmudgeon wrote:Minny clearing cap room. Richardson will become a Viking on 3/16/18.....

Doesn’t seem they really need to clear cap room to sign him, but it does seem like he is going to be a Viking. Honey Badger is there as well so they might be getting ready to sign them both. As soon as he left here without a deal there was a pretty good chance he wasn’t coming back.yhe possibility of him and Suh getting signed was pretty exciting. It will be interesting to see what they do from here. He was one of the guys it seemed like they really wanted to resign.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:25 am

Suh is far more than a run stuffer. We were hoping Richardson would be more than a run stuffer, but it didn't work out. Suh can collapse the middle and pressure the QB. He's like an ideal for this type of defense. Pete's been looking for his stud interior rusher for ages, though it hasn't had much of an effect on the quality of our defense due to our insanely good secondary.

Aseahawkfan 645 Sun May 28, 2017 12:38 am

He USED to be, those years are in the past, if Seattle was looking for more pass rush, they just traded him, and he was cheaper.

Seattle doesn't need sacks from their D tackles, never, ever have to get to the Quarterback, at least while they were most successful. That's a new desire, not a necessity. Anyone claiming they do, missed the 6 years of dominance that defense had entirely.... during that stretch, Mebane was the most dominant D tackle they had, no Richardson, certainly no Suh was needed during that stretch, and it isn't needed now. Understand the swing and miss at Richardson, it's clear they felt the window was pretty much closed... but to put yourself back in the same position, during a rebuild, no matey how minor, is crazy.

4 or 5 sacks from a D tackle for 15m a year, isn't a bargain. Sorry, I'll stick with my opinion that high priced d tackles aren't a necessity.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum