Suh in Seattle

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Suh in Seattle

Postby obiken » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:23 pm

All you Hawk fans who seemed to have lost your morals and want to win at "any cost" have another chance at Suh because the Jets realized their mistake and have withdrawn their offer.

I supposed the same people who are drooling for Suh would also give their left nut for that other dirty player O-Lineman Richie Incognito too??

The Hawks under Pete will NOT be worth rooting for until he is GONE.

WOW, I would never throw my team overboard like that, and who on this site in the last 20 years, even when we were in the PI forum, has flipped out more than I have? Especially on draft day! However, to throw your team overboard like that, for the 9ers? I don't get it?
obiken
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:23 pm

Damnit he did sign with them. Oh and Rams prolly trading for OBJ.
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:45 pm

I'm done discussing it. He Ain't coming to Seattle, and that's a GOOD thing, as the stupidity of signing an aging, undisciplined, player on the downhill side of their career to big dollars contract is beyond reasonable.... and honestly, should NOT have to be defended, rationalized or discussed.

Good riddance to the idea that with the holes created this off-season that a great move would be to sign that player described above to 2/3s of the available cap space. Fortunately the front office understands the lunacy a move like that would have been, even if fans on this board always want names over production at any cost. Nicely done Schneider and Carol realizing the stupidity a move like that would have been. As I stated, his production can be EASILY replaced at about 1/4 the cost * ie what they did during most successful years* which is EXACTLY what they did with the two DTs signed.

:D
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:47 pm

Rams are going all in and Suh definitely is a scary thought. He is still dominant. That D is scary. That O is scary. There are a lot of personalities on D that they have to work through but IF they can check the ego they are going to be dominant.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:51 pm

Stream Hawk wrote:Damnit he did sign with them. Oh and Rams prolly trading for OBJ.

I'm good with the Rams trading for or signing every headcase they can get their hands on. They struggle even a little bit, their season will implode... that's a whole lot of egos, headcases, and undisciplined players they're stuffing their roster with, and a young, inexperienced head coach. They the anti patriots.... should be really fun to watch. Either they'll run roughshod over league, or they'll completely implode. I'm going with 80/20 implosion ( think Philly "dreamteam" x 3)
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:02 pm

Rams have entered the Twilight zone of cap hell, and they won't even win the NFC West.
Last edited by Largent80 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:39 pm

Largent80 wrote:Rams have entered the Twilight zone if cap hell, and they won't even win the NFC West.

I don't know how they are in cap hell, they had more cap space than the Hawks before they signed Suh.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:14 pm

JUST HEARD
JUST SIGNED ONE YEAR 13 MIL
SB HERE WE COME
WATCH OUT WILSON roflmao
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:49 pm

We have to face Suh and Donald two times a year next year? Ouch. At least we picked up a beast like Fluker. You need big, strong guards to deal with those two.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:47 pm

I assume everyone knows Suh signed with the Rams today? That team is pretty loaded now. Most talent in the division and it's going to be tough to catch them. Rumors are they may even be going after OBJ. They are putting all chips on the table to win it all, this year.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:57 pm

I'm good with the Rams trading for or signing every headcase they can get their hands on. They struggle even a little bit, their season will implode... that's a whole lot of egos, headcases, and undisciplined players they're stuffing their roster with, and a young, inexperienced head coach. They the anti patriots.... should be really fun to watch. Either they'll run roughshod over league, or they'll completely implode. I'm going with 80/20 implosion ( think Philly "dreamteam" x 3)

;-) had the exact same thoughts. It shall be interesting.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:39 am

Largent80 wrote:Rams have entered the Twilight zone if cap hell, and they won't even win the NFC West.

Come on Largent lets drop the partiality for a second, they are going to win it for the next couple of years till the bill on new qb comes due. The addition of Suh, makes their defensive line one of the best ever, not that they needed any help, they are one of THE complete teams in the NFL.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:23 am

They overachieved last year and now everyone is being a pill bug.

They still have to go out and win it all which we all know how difficult that is. Big Brown was a shoe in to win the Triple Crown a few years ago and guess what?...He DIDN'T.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:21 am

mykc14 wrote:Rams are going all in and Suh definitely is a scary thought. He is still dominant. That D is scary. That O is scary. There are a lot of personalities on D that they have to work through but IF they can check the ego they are going to be dominant.

I agree. By signing Suh, the Rams are pushing all their chips to the center of the table. They are definetly the favorites to repeat as NFC West champs.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Oly » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:23 am

I was on the fence about having Suh on the Hawks, but I'm not thrilled at what the Rams are doing. They are stacked and will be for a couple of years until they have to pay Goff. Basically, they are doing what the Hawks did in RW's early years and you can't blame them. Even with some big personalities, they'll be hungry for a couple of years and I see them as the team to beat in the NFC until they have to pay Donald, Goff, and Gurley.
Oly
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:08 am

Phillips runs a 3-4 Defense, so I wonder what they are going to do with 2 prominent DT's.
One might have to switch to DE if they are going to play that scheme, but maybe they will experiment with a 4-3 hybrid or just have a very good rotation.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:35 am

Greatest show on paper.....
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:54 am

curmudgeon wrote:Greatest show on paper.....

That's what I said. Big Brown was an "absolute LOCK" to win the triple Crown , So was Smarty Jones. Both were beaten by longshots.
Goff was a laughingstock prior to last year. They lost 2 dudes (Ogletree and Quinn) that both gave the Seahawks fits.

They basically stayed injury free as well.

There is no doubt they have put every egg in every basket, however, we've seen this before. The Yankees spent way more money than the Mariners in 2001 and how did that end up?
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:45 pm

Rambo2014 wrote:He will be a Ram!

Suh wants to get a ring before he retires and the rams offer the best shot by far.

hey hawks and Niners fans, you hear the rumble? Its the Rams bandwagon rolling down I-5 for LA

See ya at the SB

Rams had a pretty talented D last yr but Brian Hoyer hung 39 on them. Couldn’t score on the Falcons in the WC game. They should be div favs I agree, but I don’t think anyone is afraid of them. IMO Goff will end this yr as the 3rd best QB in the Div.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:12 pm

Futureite wrote:Rams had a pretty talented D last yr but Brian Hoyer hung 39 on them. Couldn’t score on the Falcons in the WC game. They should be div favs I agree, but I don’t think anyone is afraid of them. IMO Goff will end this yr as the 3rd best QB in the Div.

LOL, who is your Jimmy Gee Wiz going to throw too with Donald and Suh using him as a mattress and our corners shutting everything down?

Yeah we were not quite ready last yera but this year it won't be close
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby Futureite » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:53 pm

^Doesn’t work like that. Teams aren’t math equations. Cannot plug x guy in and predict results. Redskins have proved that yr after yr. I am not sold as Suh being a huge upgrade on a team that handed away several of its best defenders this offseason, or an upgrade period. He can be dominant but can also be very inconsistent. He may work out great, may be a “meh”. We’ve all seen teams run right at him enough to close out the Dolphins to know he is not a slam dunk. On paper, they are great. In reality though I am not sure how much better they are today than they were to end last yr. We’ll see.
Futureite
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:10 am

LOL, who is your Jimmy Gee Wiz going to throw too with Donald and Suh using him as a mattress and our corners shutting everything down?

Yeah we were not quite ready last yera but this year it won't be close

If only Seattle had a mobile QB capable of getting to the outside of the pocket, where the Rams just vacated their most dominant pass rusher ( Quinn)... oh, wait.... y'all just created a hole on your defense... let me explain Ramblo, as I'm aware your winning football knowledge is "special".

Inside pressure only works on Wilson, if there is also pressure and contain on the edges, hence, having mediocre edges, creates a field day for Wilson, who can and will simply move the pocket... also, since you are limited in winning football knowledge, another CRUCIAL element to getting to, and limiting Wilson, is DISCIPLINE, and y'all just spent 13m dollars, to REMOVE some, actually quite a bit... Suh gambles, which creates creases, creases Wilson can, does and has always exploited like his own personal piggy bank.... lmfao.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:21 am

Yep. I'm looking forward to good twitter wars coming out of Rams camp via Talib and Suh.
I don't mind them adding a measurable dash of Daniel Snyder thinking into their mix one bit.
And what's the o/u for total games suspended for their new FA's?
Thanks. You may be seated.
Zorn76
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum