Rawls Signs With Jets

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Rawls Signs With Jets

Postby RiverDog » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:54 am

Another one bites the dust as the roster purge continues:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/je ... spartanntp

Nice way in which he left, thanking employees and fans. Too bad that he was a one hit wonder.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Rawls Signs With Jets

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:13 pm

I hope a change of venue helps to resurrect his career, or at least get it back on track.
He may only be a change of pace RB, but his energy can really help if used properly.
Good luck to him.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:44 pm

Get ready for Rawls to run for more than a thousand yards and be named "come back" player of the year. It didn't matter who the running backs are, no one could run behind the O-Line Pete and Cable kept fielding season after season. So, now we wil see what Solari can do. But, remember, Solari can only work with the hand he is dealt and it will be Pete dealing the cards and making the excuses.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:48 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:Get ready for Rawls to run for more than a thousand yards and be named "come back" player of the year. It didn't matter who the running backs are, no one could run behind the O-Line Pete and Cable kept fielding season after season. So, now we wil see what Solari can do. But, remember, Solari can only work with the hand he is dealt and it will be Pete dealing the cards and making the excuses.

Wait a second... this post makes it seem like you don’t like Pete very much. Weird, must just be the way I’m reading it.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:59 pm

RiverDog wrote:Another one bites the dust as the roster purge continues:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/je ... spartanntp

Nice way in which he left, thanking employees and fans. Too bad that he was a one hit wonder.

That's it in a nutshell River!
obiken
Legacy

Postby trents » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:44 pm

Rawls is quality young man. Hate to see him go. The NFL needs more like him. Between injuries and poor offensive line play we only got a short glimpse of his potential. I wish him well. What kind of O line do the Jets have?
trents
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:35 am

Old but Slow wrote:I was a big Rawls fan and loved the way he ran his rookie year, but last year he seemed to lose his way. He missed holes, he ran up on his blockers, and in general he seemed ahead of himself. An element of patience and vision, and he might again become an effective back. I love his attitude, and hope that he prospers.

Good observation. They used to call that (or in Rawls case, lack of) playing underneath your shoulder pads.

He used to be able to hit the hole quickly, get bottled up, then make a jump cut and get into a different running lane and continue downfield. Perhaps he never fully recovered from his foot injury well enough to make those cuts.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:59 pm

Chances are that we saw Rawl's best his rookie season and that his injury that year ended what had been a promising start. Or, we will see the real Rawls IF he ever gets to run behind a decent o-line, he sure didn't after his rookie season.

P.S. Exactly one year from today we will be debating whom the new Head Coach and new G.M. will pick #1 in the upcoming 2019 draft. I am thinking quarterback.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:34 am

Rawls will always be among the most baffling players in Seahawks' history.
I just can't believe he forgot how to just relax and play, foot injury aside.
It's not that complicated of a sport.
Secure the ball, hit the hole, try to get to 2nd level.
He had a real knack for doing that, then he just sank without a trace.
I don't even think he'll make the Jets' roster at this point, but wish him well.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:34 am

Zorn76 wrote:Rawls will always be among the most baffling players in Seahawks' history.
I just can't believe he forgot how to just relax and play, foot injury aside.
It's not that complicated of a sport.
Secure the ball, hit the hole, try to get to 2nd level.
He had a real knack for doing that, then he just sank without a trace.
I don't even think he'll make the Jets' roster at this point, but wish him well.

Good points Zorn. Aside from the injury which may have shaved just enough quickness Rawls didn't hold up well under the expectations of replacing the greatest back in Seahawks history. No patience, no vision, pressing constantly. Probably one of my greatest disappointments personnel wise in hawks history.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum