Under .500 next season

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Under .500 next season

Postby trents » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:45 pm

I'm predicting a season that mirrors our record this past season. Instead of 9W/7L we will be more like 7W/9L. And RW will miss his first regular season game due to injury.
trents
Legacy

Re: Under .500 next season

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:15 am

If he does, it'll come from the left side either on another blatant whiff, or a lt named Brown going ass. Over teakettle yet again.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:44 am

I'm predicting a season that mirrors our record this past season. Instead of 9W/7L we will be more like 7W/9L. And RW will miss his first regular season game due to injury.

I agree, 7-9 sounds about right.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:57 am

I see your logic for the prediction however, with a new emphasis on running the ball and new coaches everywhere plus the talent the team has, I can't see 7-9 myself.

Also, Brown came over very late and was actually playing with a high ankle sprain, pretty harsh conditions for him and see him being a cornerstone on the OL.

So, call me an optimist.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:31 am

I'm expecting another .500ish season, the difference being that we'll have a lot of new blood learning and improving vs. a bunch of hangers on hoping to rekindle the magic. But I'm basing that only on a gut feel, and admittedly I'm the type that prefers to lower my expectations.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby trents » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:31 am

There may be improvement in the offensive line but the reason I'm saying I can see Wilson missing playing time next season because of injury is the depletion of the receiving corps. PR and JG are gone. Baldwin seems to be the only quality receiver left. What I see happening, even if the protection is better, is that Wilson will not be able to find open receivers and so will be holding the ball too long.
trents
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:11 am

Brown is a damn good possession WR. So is Lockett. Getting a vet TE in Dickson was awesome, also the addition of Fluker. Depending on who the Hawks draft at RB, if they can run the ball that opens up the play action passing game which RW excels at. Still hoping they get an LG in the draft, but Pocic has put on 30 pounds of muscle and has a year under his belt.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:40 am

trents wrote:There may be improvement in the offensive line but the reason I'm saying I can see Wilson missing playing time next season because of injury is the depletion of the receiving corps. PR and JG are gone. Baldwin seems to be the only quality receiver left. What I see happening, even if the protection is better, is that Wilson will not be able to find open receivers and so will be holding the ball too long.

Losing JG could be blessing in disguise. No longer will our OC be trying to jamb a round peg into a square hole, and his replacement can't help but to be a better blocker.

I wish we could have held onto PR, but he was injury prone and never really did much on special teams. Decent wide receivers are a dime a dozen. I don't think we're going to miss him.

We'll have to see what kind of affect Shott has on Russell before we worry about him holding onto the ball too long. Under Bevell, Russell seemed to be looking for the big play too often, but Schott might turn out to be more of a move the sticks OC.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:20 am

Jeron Brown is a tough dude that makes pretty awesome catches and LIKES to and CAN block.

We picked up a way better WR for our new offense right there. P-Rich who??
Largent80
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:48 pm

He's held the ball to long for the last two seasons regardless of who was the receiver... I'm praying the new oc dumps the playground offensive scheme and returns to the offense that was successful, quick short to midrange throws, with an occasional downfield throw, not hold, hold, scramble around, heave a 50/50 throw downfield once or twice every three downs.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:53 pm

Yah, there was some of that, HC for sure.
I hope a new face and message can get him back on track although I think he felt he had to try to make the big play because nothing else was working.
The result was too many swings for the fences.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:00 pm

Maybe, hopefully.... I'd hate to have seen that glimpse of HOF type play, only to get a decade of Andy Dalton... lol
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Clem7 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:29 pm

Though it would seem under .500 is in the cards, I think it is a tad early to go there.
Hunger vs. "Star Power" can go a long way.
Clem7
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:26 am

Ill never predict a losing season or more disturbing Wilson missing a game to injury. That is one tough little SOB and if he didn't miss time in 2016 he never will lord willing.

On paper it looks tough for sure. The rams look loaded on paper. The Niners look dangerous on paper. The Hawks look to be in decline and rebuild mode on paper.

Fortunately paper doesn't take a single snap. I remember the buzz about the Eagles "dream team" a few years ago and they utterly collapsed. The Cowboys were supposed to dominate last year....
We will see.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:30 am

trents wrote:There may be improvement in the offensive line but the reason I'm saying I can see Wilson missing playing time next season because of injury is the depletion of the receiving corps. PR and JG are gone. Baldwin seems to be the only quality receiver left. What I see happening, even if the protection is better, is that Wilson will not be able to find open receivers and so will be holding the ball too long.

Great Qbs make great receivers and in my mind Russ is great, potential HOF material. How many have Rodgers and Brady been through? Favre in the day. Manning? The receivers were not very solid last year and Russ led the league in TDs including blowing away the 4th quarter record with 19 TDs in crunch time. Have faith my man...
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby trents » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:26 pm

Well, if our new receivers are indeed good blockers then that could make a huge difference for RW, the passing game and the running game as well. The really good teams have receivers that are willing and capable blockers.
trents
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:06 am

trents wrote:Well, if our new receivers are indeed good blockers then that could make a huge difference for RW, the passing game and the running game as well. The really good teams have receivers that are willing and capable blockers.

Truth. Its something we lost when Golden Tate and then Jermaine kearse left. The 2005 team was built on blocking receivers too such as Joe JureVICIOUS who hit like a mack truck. We will see.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:46 pm

I too expect the possibility of a losing season but I will wait on making a prediction until I know the complete schedule, game dates and start times possible flex games that sort of thing. I will also wait until after the draft just in case they do a draft day trade of ET which would make a real difference. It would also mean that we were in full rebuild mode in spite of what Schneider said.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:52 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:I too expect the possibility of a losing season but I will wait on making a prediction until I know the complete schedule, game dates and start times possible flex games that sort of thing. I will also wait until after the draft just in case they do a draft day trade of ET which would make a real difference. It would also mean that we were in full rebuild mode in spite of what Schneider said.

I'm not sure what difference the complete schedule, start times, and flex games makes as far as our prospects for an under .500 season unless you're one that believes our chances are enhanced simply by playing in Prime Time.

But I do agree that if we trade Earl for draft picks that we're in a full rebuild mode regardless of what PC and JS say. Pete in particular won't ever call it a rebuild, he'll talk up that team as if it were packed with All Pro's.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum