Aldon Smith in the news again

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Aldon Smith in the news again

Postby RiverDog » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:38 am

I just saw this come across my news feed. Talk about a waste! It's gotten to the point where one can't even feel sorry for him anymore:

After showing up at the sheriff’s department with a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.40 percent, former NFL linebacker Aldon Smith is getting the help he obviously needs.

Smith faces a variety of charges, which began with an alleged incident of domestic violence that occurred on March 3. He thereafter allegedly violated a court order to stay away from the alleged victim, and he then failed to appear in court. Then came the ridiculously high BAC reading, which resulted in Smith being jailed on $500,0000 bail.

The seventh overall pick in the 2011 draft, Smith played for the 49ers and Raiders. The league suspended him multiple times, most recently in November 2015. He hasn’t played in the NFL since then.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/al ... tp&ffid=gz

As many chances as he's had, it's doubtful that he'll take advantage of this one.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Aldon Smith in the news again

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:15 am

It’s too bad that he’s so unwell. Forget about football, he’s destroying his life.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:57 am

Hawk Sista wrote:It’s too bad that he’s so unwell. Forget about football, he’s destroying his life.

Truth sis. Addiction is a horrible thing and has touched most of my family, myself included. Im much better at 58 but had I been worth millions in my early 20's Id not have lived through it. I'm surprised there aren't more of these stories in the league although this guy is one of the worst I can remember.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:09 pm

I don’t have addiction issues, and still I think I’d have probably not fared well in my 20’s w/ millions of dollars at my disposal. I hope he can get the help he clearly needs. .4 is pretty scary and could be life threatening.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:55 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:I don’t have addiction issues, and still I think I’d have probably not fared well in my 20’s w/ millions of dollars at my disposal. I hope he can get the help he clearly needs. .4 is pretty scary and could be life threatening.

My only addiction was nicotine when I smoked cigarettes. My mom and dad smoked my entire life until I left home (they quit after I left) and it only took me a couple months of moving out to be hooked on cigarettes. I have now quit twice in my life and both times it was the toughest thing I've ever done. Given how quickly I became addicted to them, I never tempted other drugs in any way. (being a diplomat in Ukraine remedied any alcohol problems)

That said, if I was in my 20s with millions of dollars, I'd be a basket case by now if I didn't have a mentor guiding me.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:13 pm

My dad, whom died of lung cancer two days before his 60th birthday, told me that he'd give me $100 if I made it to 21 years old and hadn't started smoking, but added that if he saw me smoking after that point, that he'd come get the $100 back. It worked, as I have never started smoking. There were a lot of times that I thought a lot about that $100 bill.

I think it would be harder for me to give up my morning coffee than it would my 2 glasses of wine in the evening. My only real vice is over eating at supper time. I can go all day without eating hardly anything then after taking my first bite of food in the evening, it's like a switch is tripped and I eat uncontrollably. Since retiring, I've been able to change my eating habits some and have lost 10 pounds...with at least 30 more to go.

It's sad to see these young people go through addiction challenges, but there reaches a point where they've had so many opportunities that I can't feel sorry for them anymore.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:35 am

cigars for me River. I was 53 and I had virgin lungs till 09, when we beat USC in Eugene. At the O-Bar a guy gave me a Padron Family reserve #45 maduro. I have been hooked ever since!
obiken
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:44 pm

Aldon would fit right in the Seahawks lifestyle and Pete corrals mode

go get him and kaep too
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:28 am

Aldon would fit right in the Seahawks lifestyle and Pete corrals mode
go get him and kaep too

Enjoy it while you can Dumbo, it wont last it never does. The only team AS is going to play for is the skins, at Quentin.
obiken
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum