The Way Too Early Prediction Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

The Way Too Early Prediction Thread

Postby RiverDog » Tue May 23, 2023 4:54 am

Here's my initial guess, and I don't have anything tangible to offer as a basis outside of my gut feeling. I've always said that I don't like handicapping a schedule until Week 4 or so of the regular season. It's just an impression, based mostly on last season's results. But here it goes:

Week 1 vs. the Rams: W
Week 2 at Detroit: L
Week 3 vs Carolina: W
Week 4 at NY Giants: L
Week 5 Bye
Week 6 at Bengals: L
Week 7 vs. Cards: W
Week 8 vs. Browns: W
Week 9 at Baltimore: L
Week 10 vs. Commanders: W
Week 11 at LA Rams: W
Week 12 vs. Niners: L
Week 13 at Dallas: L
Week 14 at Niners: L
Week 15 vs. Eagles: L
Week 16 at Titans: W
Week 17 vs. Steelers: W
Week 18 at Cards: W

Final record: 9-8. Divisional finish: 2nd in NFC West. Playoffs: Wild card, 7th seed.

Pretty much the same as last year. We have what appears to be a pretty tough schedule, with just two non divisional teams with a losing record in 2023, the 7-10 Browns and the 7-10 Titans.

One of the biggest question marks in my mind is how the Niners are going to deal with their QB situation, but it doesn't seem to matter who's throwing the rock, which is why I have them rated as one of the top 2 teams in the conference.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: The Way Too Early Prediction Thread

Postby tarlhawk » Tue May 23, 2023 5:45 am

I agree with the win choices with an additional win coming from either the NYG or the Ravens. If somehow we split with the 49ers it will be a testament of heading in the right direction for our near future...especially if we gain 4-5 rookies from this years class having effective seasons. (10-7) Go Hawks
tarlhawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue May 23, 2023 6:25 am

tarlhawk wrote:I agree with the win choices with an additional win coming from either the NYG or the Ravens. If somehow we split with the 49ers it will be a testament of heading in the right direction for our near future...especially if we gain 4-5 rookies from this years class having effective seasons. (10-7) Go Hawks

Yeah, I hesitated on the Giants, too, but I'm not optimistic about the Ravens. They have one of the best running attacks in the league, and with our perceived weakness being stopping the run and that we'll be on the road, I have that one as a solid loss. I think it's a reasonable assumption that we could split with the Niners, especially given their unstable quarterback situation. But I also have us sweeping both the Rams and the Cards, and we could easily split with one of those two opponents as it's difficult to sweep a two game series.

One of the oddities of this season's schedule is that we get the Niners twice within 3 weeks. We'll be coming off a mini bye in the 2nd game, at Santa Clara.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue May 23, 2023 6:35 am

For me there are a number of questions about the teams we face.
I think the Cards look like a mess at this point, but the questions come from the Eagles who even thought they are stacked at every position, how well will they adapt to a new DC and new OC and will the Super Bowl loser curse strike them?
The Rams are an odd team to handicap because they have good structure but are rebuilding. We might sweep them or split. For me it's a toss up.
The dangerous teams from what I see are Carolina and Pittsburgh. Teams that didn't perform well last year but added some talent in the off season.
And finally there are teams that are much like ourselves, mainly at a similar stage in development: Lions, Giants, and maybe the Browns.
I think the 49ers should be tough outs but like the Eagles there's a possibility that their losing their DC might be a negative. I don't worry about their QB situation because Shanahan always finds a way to get their Offense moving regardless of who's playing QB. They've played us tough over the years even with backups and 3rd string QBs as starters.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue May 23, 2023 7:16 am

NorthHawk wrote:For me there are a number of questions about the teams we face.
I think the Cards look like a mess at this point, but the questions come from the Eagles who even thought they are stacked at every position, how well will they adapt to a new DC and new OC and will the Super Bowl loser curse strike them?
The Rams are an odd team to handicap because they have good structure but are rebuilding. We might sweep them or split. For me it's a toss up.
The dangerous teams from what I see are Carolina and Pittsburgh. Teams that didn't perform well last year but added some talent in the off season.
And finally there are teams that are much like ourselves, mainly at a similar stage in development: Lions, Giants, and maybe the Browns.
I think the 49ers should be tough outs but like the Eagles there's a possibility that their losing their DC might be a negative. I don't worry about their QB situation because Shanahan always finds a way to get their Offense moving regardless of who's playing QB. They've played us tough over the years even with backups and 3rd string QBs as starters.

So, are you going to go out on a limb with tarlhawk and I and give us your "way too early" prediction? That's the rule of this thread, anyone that comments has to give us their prediction! :D
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue May 23, 2023 9:16 am

Oops, I forgot to add that part.
I think we stumble a bit this year and go 7-10 or 9-8 as we get hit by the injury bug.
Woolen just hurt his knee in OTAs and had it scoped. He's out until TC. Hoping for no complications.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue May 23, 2023 3:29 pm

I want to see if the defense improves. Defense improves with a similar level offensive production from Geno, we go 10 to 12 wins in my opinion. I think we're another draft with some LBs and fat boys away from true contention, but the coverage unit next year should be good and very aggressive. I expect the entire defense to step up the aggression fueled by the secondary.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Old but Slow » Tue May 23, 2023 3:48 pm

We will be improved, but the schedule is more difficult, so I am predicting 9 wins
Old but Slow
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Tue May 23, 2023 5:38 pm

RiverDog wrote:Here's my initial guess, and I don't have anything tangible to offer as a basis outside of my gut feeling. I've always said that I don't like handicapping a schedule until Week 4 or so of the regular season. It's just an impression, based mostly on last season's results. But here it goes:

Week 5 Bye

Final record: 9-8. Divisional finish: 2nd in NFC West. Playoffs: Wild card, 7th seed.

Pretty much the same as last year. We have what appears to be a pretty tough schedule, with just two non divisional teams with a losing record in 2023, the 7-10 Browns and the 7-10 Titans.

One of the biggest question marks in my mind is how the Niners are going to deal with their QB situation, but it doesn't seem to matter who's throwing the rock, which is why I have them rated as one of the top 2 teams in the conference.

Week 1 vs. the Rams: W. I think this might be a blowout.
Week 2 at Detroit: W. Squeak it out in the end.
Week 3 vs Carolina: W. Here it becomes apparent that our defense is turning the corner and really dominates over Bryce Young.
Week 4 at NY Giants: L. First loss because Giants look like they will be a tough out on the road.
Week 5 Bye
Week 6 at Bengals: L. I see the Bengals as one of the better teams in the league; could even be the Super Bowl winner.
Week 7 vs. Cards: W. Cards gonna suck
Week 8 vs. Browns: W. Toss up, but I still think Watson cursed this franchise even more than it was before.
Week 9 at Baltimore: L. Ravens are stacked, and it’s also early enough for Lamar to still be healthy.
Week 10 vs. Commanders:W. Come on.
Week 11 at LA Rams: W. Rams going nowhere
Week 12 vs. Niners: L. Niners still better.
Week 13 at Dallas: W. Dallas is a mess.
Week 14 at Niners: W. We sneak one out after Niners are on their third quarterback of the year by now.
Week 15 vs. Eagles: L. Best team in the league & Penny gonna light us up.
Week 16 at Titans: W. Easyish win over a rebuilding team.
Week 17 vs. Steelers: W. Late season streak and I’m not impressed with Pittsburgh.
Week 18 at Cards: W. Cards still suck.
This might have been a little homerish, but I digress. I could see us pulling out all of those wins I gave them. I will go out on another limb and say we win the NFC West. FYI, I still hate the new playoff format where there’s only one bye per conference. So no, we do not get that. But we do win the divisionals over the Giants in Seattle. Lose in the conference finals.
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed May 24, 2023 7:33 am

Since I'm signed up with Pro Football Focus, I thought it would be interesting to run their simulation for our 2023 season. It didn't format very well, but it is readable. It's interesting as it has us sweeping the Niners and beating the Eagles yet losing to teams like the Commanders, Browns, and Titans.

Seattle Seahawks 2023 Season Simulation Results

Overall 10-7
Grade: B

Week 1
vs LAR W 37-30

Week 2
@DET W 29-10

Week 3
vs CAR W 26-18

Week 4
@ NYG L 17-34

Week 6
@ CIN L 20-27

Week 7
vs ARI W 34-27

Week 8
vs CLE L 17-22

Week 9
@ BAL W 23-18

Week 10
vs WAS L 13-31

Week 11
@ LAR W 28-21

Week 12
vs SF W 35-14

Week 13
@ DAL L 19-20

Week 14
@ SF W 28-23

Week 15
vs PHI W 23-22

Week 16
@ TEN L 7-10

Week 17
vs PIT L 22-28

Week 18
@ ARI W 27-14
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed May 24, 2023 8:26 am

It almost looks like they spun a wheel for wins and losses with some of those games.
It would seem they don't have much faith in the 49ers QB situation and/or think the impact of losing DeMeco Ryans as DC will be big. Shanahan has shown he can win with sub par QBs, so it's an interesting take.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed May 24, 2023 9:32 am

NorthHawk wrote:It almost looks like they spun a wheel for wins and losses with some of those games.
It would seem they don't have much faith in the 49ers QB situation and/or think the impact of losing DeMeco Ryans as DC will be big. Shanahan has shown he can win with sub par QBs, so it's an interesting take.

Yeah, I ran the same simulation on the Niners season and it had them sweeping us but getting swept by the Rams and the Cards to go 7-10, so spinning a wheel is a pretty good analogy. Pretty worthless. Hopefully there's better material for my money than that POS.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed May 24, 2023 9:45 am

But then again, it IS the Way Too Early Prediction Thread.
That in itself suggests an uninformed guess. After all, we haven't even got to TC.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:38 pm

Lets just face it boys!

Your Seattle teams over the past 50 years have not been bad on average, not good either on average but all like .500 teams. B bal, F ball, Base ball, Soccer, Bowling, u name it and its 500...so relax and enjoy mediocrity at its finest
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:48 am

It's all going to go through the defense. Another bottom 10 ranked defense will mean a wild card exit ceiling. If they find their legs, they'll make some noise and should be fun to watch.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:09 am

MackStrongIsMyHero wrote:It's all going to go through the defense. Another bottom 10 ranked defense will mean a wild card exit ceiling. If they find their legs, they'll make some noise and should be fun to watch.

It's going to be a fun season. I'm not as thrilled about our draft as most of my friends in here are, but I'm also a natural born pessimist, intentionally lowering my expectations.

The division looks like it will boil down to us and the Niners. I can't see the Rams making a dramatic turnaround from last year's epic belly flop, and the Cards are in full scale rebuild mode. The schedule looks tough on paper as we have just 2 of our 11 non divisional opponents posted sub .500 records in 2022, but the league is so dynamic that last season's records aren't always a good indicator of strength of schedule.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:20 am

I see this as year 2 of a 3 year rebuild. I know, Carroll won't say it is, but the roster turn over has been huge the last couple of years and I expect it to continue next off season.
So this year, like last year I'm not expecting much outside of some good plays and watching with interest how the Offense evolves with a couple of weapons in the slot and backfield that have been added.
Hopefully, Olu gets to play and stops the revolving door at Center so we can actually settle the OL with 5 players playing together for a couple of years.
I have no idea how the Defense will play. Maybe they will be really good or maybe they will struggle. I would think they will end up somewhere in the middle which is a big improvement if they produce that well.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Oly » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:25 am

NorthHawk wrote:I know, Carroll won't say it is, but the roster turn over has been huge the last couple of years and I expect it to continue next off season. [...] I would think they will end up somewhere in the middle which is a big improvement if they produce that well.

Exactly what I'm thinking. I don't expect much drop-off from the offense other than some regression toward the mean from Geno, whose near-INT luck can't be sustainable. Then again, I think JSN is going to really help the 3rd down offense and the OL will be better, so not much change overall there. It's really about the defense, where the NT and roster turnover look to result in another year of mediocre-at-best defense, but probably bottom third to bottom quarter.
Oly
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:35 am

NorthHawk wrote:I know, Carroll won't say it is, but the roster turn over has been huge the last couple of years and I expect it to continue next off season. [...] I would think they will end up somewhere in the middle which is a big improvement if they produce that well.

Oly wrote:Exactly what I'm thinking. I don't expect much drop-off from the offense other than some regression toward the mean from Geno, whose near-INT luck can't be sustainable. Then again, I think JSN is going to really help the 3rd down offense and the OL will be better, so not much change overall there. It's really about the defense, where the NT and roster turnover look to result in another year of mediocre-at-best defense, but probably bottom third to bottom quarter.

IMO there's more to be concerned about offensively than a drop off of production from Geno. Everyone is under the assumption that performance out of our tackles is a given when they had just as concerning of a drop off in production in the 2nd half of the season as did Geno.

PFF graded out Abe Lucas at #39 overall for offensive tackles, not bad for an under the radar 3rd round draft pick, but still a lot of room for improvement. Charles Cross was ranked #54 out of 69 offensive tackles.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/grades/position/t

Plus, Lucas is coming off of surgery as he had his shoulder scoped in the offseason. They expect him to be ready to go by TC, but it's a situation worth keeping an eye on.

And that doesn't even speak to what is widely regarded as the weak link for the entire team, ie the interior OL.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:58 am

I got the impression that the Tackles were getting worn down. It's a big jump from 12 games to 17 and considering their inexperience in preparing to be consistent all season, it's great they did as well as they did. I'm not concerned about the rankings with Lucas because of the shoulder injury which you pointed out and him playing alongside a sub par RG, but I hope it's not something that becomes chronic. That might have contributed to Geno's fall back to the norm in productivity, but as stated above, the dropped INTs probably weren't caused by the OL as many of them were thrown with very little pressure on him. We should have an improvement at RG with Jackson moving on and if either of the Centers can grasp hold of the starting Center position we might be a whole lot better. But continuity of the OL working together in the same positions is the key to OL productivity, so going with who we have is a must for the players to develop as a unit.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:31 am

NorthHawk wrote:I got the impression that the Tackles were getting worn down. It's a big jump from 12 games to 17 and considering their inexperience in preparing to be consistent all season, it's great they did as well as they did. I'm not concerned about the rankings with Lucas because of the shoulder injury which you pointed out and him playing alongside a sub par RG, but I hope it's not something that becomes chronic. That might have contributed to Geno's fall back to the norm in productivity, but as stated above, the dropped INTs probably weren't caused by the OL as many of them were thrown with very little pressure on him. We should have an improvement at RG with Jackson moving on and if either of the Centers can grasp hold of the starting Center position we might be a whole lot better. But continuity of the OL working together in the same positions is the key to OL productivity, so going with who we have is a must for the players to develop as a unit.

It's hard to tell what it was that caused our offensive line to slump so badly down the stretch. Was it related to the longer season as you suggest, or did defensive linemen/linebackers start getting film on what their weaknesses are? PFF had us ranked as the 27th overall offensive line, and here's what they had to say about our unit after the completion of the regular season:

Seattle’s rookie tackles each earned PFF pass-blocking grades of 63.9 or better, performing at least at an average starter level all season.
The Seahawks’ line placed dead last in the PFF offensive line rankings before climbing as high as 11th only to collapse down the stretch.

I'm not sure when Lucas hurt his shoulder, but since nothing showed up on his physical, we can probably assume that it's not a chronic problem. He underwent arthroscopic surgery, which is a relatively minor procedure as far as surgeries go, but the fact that he's having health problems so early in his career is concerning. It brings back memories of Russell Okung.

We desperately need an upgrade at center. Austin Blythe was one of the worst ranked centers in the league, 33rd out of 36. It's why I was so disappointed that we placed such a low priority on the position during the offseason.

Just to reiterate a point regarding my posting style. I've signed up for the premium access on PFF, so you're going to be seeing me quoting them a lot.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:13 am

All most all team sports need strength up the middle to succeed. If a team is weak at QB, RB, C/G, DT, or M/ILB it makes it much easier for opponents to attack and defend.

We will have a different Center and RG this year. I hope they settle on a single player at C and end the revolving door at that position since Unger was dealt.
It will be interesting to see if Bradford can beat out Haynes for the starting spot, but if he doesn't, he should be ready to fill in when or if the production falls or the dreaded injury bug bites.
I still have high hopes for Olu, though. It would be nice to have that spot settled for at least a few years if not close to a decade.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:23 pm

NorthHawk wrote:All most all team sports need strength up the middle to succeed. If a team is weak at QB, RB, C/G, DT, or M/ILB it makes it much easier for opponents to attack and defend.

We will have a different Center and RG this year. I hope they settle on a single player at C and end the revolving door at that position since Unger was dealt.
It will be interesting to see if Bradford can beat out Haynes for the starting spot, but if he doesn't, he should be ready to fill in when or if the production falls or the dreaded injury bug bites.
I still have high hopes for Olu, though. It would be nice to have that spot settled for at least a few years if not close to a decade.

We'll see about Olu. The fact that even though he's so experienced and has an armload of awards yet dropped all the way into the 5th round highlights a concern that he might not be physically up to the challenge.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:14 pm

I'm not betting the farm on him, but there's hope. The Packers got their starting Center in the 6th and a lot of teams take them later on.
As well, only a few teams need a Center because the ones that stick usually last for a number of years and play fairly well during their tenure.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:48 pm

RiverDog wrote:Here's my initial guess, and I don't have anything tangible to offer as a basis outside of my gut feeling. I've always said that I don't like handicapping a schedule until Week 4 or so of the regular season. It's just an impression, based mostly on last season's results. But here it goes:

Week 5 Bye

I would flop some wins and losses but I agree that its a 9-8 season Rivy!
obiken
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:10 am

I told you

Seahawks 500

Just like all your other teams

yawn
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:38 am

I'm getting some unsolicited emails from All Access Football and since it's the slow time of year I thought I would share their thoughts on our draft picks for this year. Of course, these things are always subjective, but maybe they can provide some information or at least some entertainment and/or conversation.

Player Rating Impact Scale:
10 – 9.5 = All Pro Impact |
9.4 – 8.9 = Pro Bowl Impact |
8.8 – 8.0 = Starter Impact |
7.9 – 7.0 = Rotational Impact |
6.9 – 6.0 = Backup Impact |
5.9 – Below = Practice Squad Impact

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS [OVERALL ROOKIE IMPACT RATING = 73.8]

Rd1.No.5. Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois:
Here comes the boom! The feisty, physical Witherspoon is a sticky cover man who will make opposing quarterbacks pick their poison opposite Tariq Woolen. Projection: 17 games started, 52 tackles, five tackles for loss, two sacks, two interceptions.
Impact Factor: 8.7

Rd1.No.20 Jaxson Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State:
Plucking the best playmaker in the draft to slot in between DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett should make for a tremendous triple threat. Projection: 14 games played, seven starts, 53 catches, 877 receiving yards, seven touchdowns.
Impact Factor: 8.5

Rd2.No.37 Derick Hall, OLB, Auburn:
A hybrid pass-rusher that Seattle will look to mix and match within their front seven; Hall earned a reputation for getting after the quarterback at Auburn. Projection: 17 games played, 30 tackles, five sacks, eight tackles for loss.
Impact Factor: 7.2

Rd2.No.52 Zach Charbonnet, RB, UCLA:
A more durable version of what they hoped Rashaad Penny (Eagles) would be; Charbonnet is very reminiscent of James Conner (Cardinals). Projection: 15 games played, four starts, 118 carries, 506 rushing yards, 264 receiving yards, six touchdowns.
Impact Factor: 7.8

Rd.4No.108 Anthony Bradford, OG, LSU:
It would seem that Seattle prefers P5 pedigree offensive line prospects and Bradford is another add to the mix. He will likely back up another former Tiger in Damien Lewis at left guard, or compete with Phil Haynes at right guard. Projection: 17 games played, 10 starts.
Impact Factor: 7.7

Rd4.No.123 Cameron Young, DT, Mississippi State:
The battle-tested Young brings a proven resume from the SEC ranks where he regularly saw double teams. He boasts a stout anchor and should back up Bryan Mone at nose guard. Projection: 17 games played, 21 tackles.
Impact Factor: 6.4

Rd5.No.151 Mike Morris, DE, Michigan:
A big-bodied, physical, aggressive, high-motor five tech, Morris is tenacious, can stop the run and is constantly bullying offensive linemen with his bulrush. Projection: 17 games played, five starts, 27 tackles, three sacks, six tackles for loss. Impact Factor: 7.0

Rd5.No.154 Olu Oluwatimi, C, Michigan:
It wouldn’t be surprising to see Oluwatimi win the starting center job outright over Evan Brown. His fundamentally sound technique combined with his smarts will make him an asset. Projection: 17 games played, 12 games started.
Impact Factor: 8.1

Rd6.No.198 Jerrick Reed II, SS, New Mexico:
Made his mark at pro day and the Seahawks took notice. Reed has impressive athleticism and the versatility to compete for a roster spot as a valuable backup at multiple spots in the secondary. Projection: 14 games played.
Impact Factor: 6.1

Rd7.No.237 Kenny McIntosh, RB, Georgia:
The team has suffered from lack of depth at running back in recent years and McIntosh is very good value here. Projection: 10 games played, 27 carries, 112 rushing yards, 101 receiving yards.
Impact Factor: 6.3
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:24 am

Looks like it was written by a real homer. I guess you get more hits writing cheerleader fan boy stuff than you do with an objective, critical analysis. For example, not a word was mentioned about Olu's physical shortcomings.

I hope you didn't pay for accessing that article.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:58 am

Doesn't look like it was written by a homer at all, looks to me like pretty much the national consensus evaluation of this year's draft.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:24 am

c_hawkbob wrote:Doesn't look like it was written by a homer at all, looks to me like pretty much the national consensus evaluation of this year's draft.

Please point out one critical remark, a player's weakness, in the entire piece. It highlights just strengths or upsides, nothing about where they might struggle or be challenged.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:22 pm

Please read some national draft analyses for yourself and see what the national perspective is before assuming anything more positive than you must be a homer. As a matter of fact the author of the article in question is from Connecticut and started the NFL Draft Bible as a publication in 2002 and it is used by all 32 NFL teams. Certainly not a homer.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:28 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Please read some national draft analyses for yourself and see what the national perspective is before assuming anything more positive than you must be a homer. As a matter of fact the author of the article in question is from Connecticut and started the NFL Draft Bible as a publication in 2002 and it is used by all 32 NFL teams. Certainly not a homer.

That may be, but there's nothing in the post above that would indicate any kind of critical analysis. It's as if the school's sports information director wrote it.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:34 pm

As stated, it was unsolicited but there is (of course) a link to become a paying member, so these comments are just bait to get some people to sign up.
It will be interesting to see how their ratings match up to reality.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:54 pm

NorthHawk wrote:As stated, it was unsolicited but there is (of course) a link to become a paying member, so these comments are just bait to get some people to sign up.
It will be interesting to see how their ratings match up to reality.

The ratings isn't what got me going, it was the verbal analysis that was so one sided.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:11 am

Like I said. It's a subjective viewpoint. Everyone has that, but it's also just a light overview of the draft picks relative to the other players in the draft and it looks like we did pretty well again this year.
But the proof will be on the field, not what they did in college or what anyone projects them to be.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:18 am

For this way too early iteration all I'm going to say is we'll make the playoffs. We always make the playoffs. In fact only one team has more playoff appearances in the last ten years and only two have more playoff wins. These are the good old days!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:06 am

c_hawkbob wrote:For this way too early iteration all I'm going to say is we'll make the playoffs. We always make the playoffs. In fact only one team has more playoff appearances in the last ten years and only two have more playoff wins. These are the good old days!

Since 14 of the 32 teams qualify for the playoffs, it's no big deal making them. All it means is that you're a slightly above average team, mediocre, or as North Hawk might say, wins us a participation badge.

Given the turmoil of the past season, with the Russell Wilson trade and our performing above the 5.5 win expectation that many gave us in the preseason, a 9 win season and a playoff berth can be considered by some to be satisfactory. But at some point, even the most easily pacified of fans has to start expecting more. Our playoff record since 2014 is 3-6, and we've lost 4 of our last 5 playoff games. That won't float my boat.

The "good old days" was from 2012-2014. It's been anticlimactic since then.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:05 am

Blah Blah Blah, same old same old. If it was that easy there would be more teams doing it every year. Getting to the playoffs is job one, nothing good happens if you don't at least get to the dance. Once there anything can happen and being single elimination the better team does not always win, but under any and all circumstances it all starts with getting there.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:31 am

Going to the playoffs isn’t a big deal except for that part where you have a shot, however how small. I do get the sentiment. Our exits haven’t exactly been graceful. Scraping out WC wins and then embarrassing Division exits isn’t the desired MO. The team Pete and John built could have stayed legit competitors longer without all the splash draft capital expensive moves. Still, I’d rather be in it than not at all.

Agree that this team makes the playoffs. Ceiling is a Division Round win and that’s if it actually all comes together. Not sure they can best the NFCs best with the youth in this roster.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:35 am

Being 1 and done in the playoffs means it's just an 18 game schedule. Not a lot to be proud of and it means there's a lot of room to get better.
We SHOULD make the playoffs, but every year is strange in its own way so maybe we won't.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum